Ghost Car programming
What are Ghost Cars?
Ghost Cars are autonomous vehicles on Carrera Digital 132/124. They can be programmed to a set speed in accordance with the instructions on the Control Unit, and then run their laps independently (even changing lanes). In theory, any number of Ghost Cars can be programmed as long as the power supply to the track does not suffer too much.
How to program a Ghost Car
- Switch on the track.
- Place any vehicle on the track. No special decoder is required, the Ghost Car function is included in every regular decoder for Carrera Digital.
- As soon as the vehicle is on the track, press the CODE button on the control unit twice so that two LEDs on the control unit light up.
- Then press the lane change key on the controller once. The lights on the vehicle now start to flash, and the LEDs on the control unit light up one after the other.
- As soon as only the middle LED on the control unit is still lit, drive off with the vehicle and select a constant speed at which the vehicle can complete the entire lap without falling off the track. Do not change lanes!
- As soon as the desired speed is reached, press the lane change key again.
- The programming is now complete and the Ghost Car will continue to drive independently at the programmed speed. It only stops when interrupted via the START button or via SmartRace, so that all five red LEDs on the control unit light up.