When you open SmartRace after you downloaded the 3.15 update on iOS, you will probably notice the app seems to have reset to the default state. Although all your drivers, cars, tracks, records and so on are still there, it is true that all other settings have been reset. Unfortunately this was unavoidable due to breaking changes made by Apple in iOS. I know this will cause some inconveniences and I’m not happy with it either.
This is what has been reset:
- Settings made from the “Settings” dialog in the SmartRace main menu
- Last settings for races and qualifyings
- Things that you chose to hide, e.g. the “no times yet” overlay on the race screen
- The state of your add-ons (in-app purchases) and subscriptions
What has not been reset:
- Drivers, cars, tracks, teams, history, records, …
Restoring the settings
If you still have a SmartRace backup file (.srbk), you can of course always restore everything from that. If you don’t have it, you can also just revisit the settings once and select everything according to your preferences.
Restoring the add-ons/in app purchases
To restore the add-ons that you had already bought, you only need to visit the “add-ons” section in the SmartRace main menu and click the green “Refresh purchases” button on the bottom. This may take up so one minute and of course requires an internet connection until the refresh is done.
Thanks for your understanding!