Voice output doesn’t work (Android)
If the voice output doesn’t work on Android, please make sure to check the following:
- Open the dialog “voice output”: Settings > Language and Input > Speech > Text-to-speech output or Settings > Accessibility > Text-to-speech Output
- A text-to-speech engine should be selected there (e.g. “Pico TTS”)
- If thats not the case, select one of the displayed engines
If an engine is already selected but the voice output does still not work or in case there is no engine available at all, please try installing the Google TTS engine following these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store on your device
- Search for the “Google Text-to-Speech” app (or use this link)
- Install the app and go back to the voice output dialog (see above)
- The Google TTS engine should now be available for selection
- Select the Google TTS engine as active engine
Voice output too fast (iOS)
If the voice output is spoken too fast on iOS, please check the following:
- Please try adjusting the speed in iOS using settings > common > accessibility > voice using the slide control.
- If your device runs an older iOS version, please try upgrading to a newer version.